The Area: Things to do on holiday in Norfolk
Loddon is our nearest town, just three miles away. here you will be able to stock up on anything you need. Loddon has access to the Broads and day boat hire is available from here.
Beccles is approximately eight miles away (South on the A146). It is a charming, small, Suffolk, market town on the edge of the Broads with plenty of good places to eat and has a variety of shops. Day boat hire is also available from here.
Norwich is just eight miles away (North on the A146). There is a wealth of history here. From its medieval walls and cathedral to its Normal castle that dominates the city. The castle now houses a museum that is well worth a visit. There is excellent shopping in Norwich – two shopping malls, four department stores, a permanent market place – all connected by pedestrian walkways. There are three cinema complexes and three theaters: The Theater Royal, The Madermarket Theater and The Playhouse.
Both Cottages are also within easy driving distance of the coast. Gorleston has a lovely beach for children. Southwold (Suffolk’s Chelsea-on-Sea) and Aldeburgh. If you travel a little further to the North Norfolk coast you will be in Nelson’s country, where he was born and raised.
There is Cromer, which is famous for its crabs, the upscale Burnham Market, Wells-next-the-Sea and much more.
Holkham Hall (NR23 1AB), Felbrigg Hall (NR11 8PR) and Blickling Hall (NR11 6NF) are all North of Norwich and are great to visit.
Holiday Activities for Children in Norfolk
- The Dinosaur Park (NR9 5JW)
- Bewilderwood, Hoveton (NR12 8JW)
- Africa Alive, Lowestoft (NR33 7TF)
- Banham Zoo, Banham (NR16 2HE)
- Fritton Lake Country/Activity Park (NR31 PHA)
- Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park (NR32 5DZ)
And for very young children:
- Pettitts Animals Adventure Park, Reedham* (NR13 3UA)
*For this park you will have to cross the river on a small car ferry pulled by chains – the children will love it!
Local Pubs & Restaurants
- George and Dragon, Thurton (nearest) (4 min drive) NR14 6AZ,
Tel: 01508 480242
- The Kings Head, Brooke – (5 min drive) NR15 1AB,
Tel: 01508 550335
- The Dove, Poringland – (8 min drive) NR14 7NB,
Tel: 01508 494312
- Crown Point, Trowse, Norwich – (20 min drive) NR14 8RN,
Tel: 01603 625689
- The Olive Tree, Kirkby Cane (Italian) – (20 min drive) NR35 2PN,
Tel: 01508 518147
- Graze, Beccles – (20 min drive) NR34 9HE,
Tel: 01502 715974
- The Swan, Beccles – (20 min drive) NR34 9HE,
Tel: 01502 713474
- Baileys, Beccles (also delicatessen) – (20 min drive) NR34 9TL,
Tel: 01502 710609
- Prezzos, Beccles – (20 min drive) NR34 9AN,
Tel: 01502 715036
- The Castle, Bungay – (20 min drive) NR35 1AF,
Tel: 01986 892283
- The Swan, Loddon – (8 min drive) NR14 6LX,
Tel: 01508 528039
Boat Hire in Norfolk
Day Boat Hire – Loddon/Chedgrave:
Pacific Cruisers Tel: 01508 520321
Day Boat Hire – Beccles:
H E Hipperson Tel: 01502 712166 | CC Marine Tel: 01502 713703
Country Holiday Cottages Norfolk, Sunnyside, Bergh Apton Norwich, Norfolk NR15 1DD
© Copyright 2018 Holiday Cottages Norfolk. Booking terms & conditions apply. | Web design in Norwich by Fresh Web Creations